Retrieval of items stored Spring 2020
You are receiving this message because you elected to store items with Denison when we transitioned to remote learning in March 2020. Please read on for details on retrieving items and other details.
How will I retrieve items? We plan to deliver items in storage to the students’ rooms - items will be waiting for you when you arrive for your scheduled move-in time slot.
What if I get to my room and my items are not present? This may mean that your items were not labeled.
Unfortunately, we were not able to determine ownership of some items. If you arrive at your room and your belongings are not present, you will retrieve items at the Physical Plant between August 17-September 4. You must schedule this in advance by contacting Eric Steele (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will not have assistance in moving these items; please plan appropriately.
If you and your roommates departed your room and left it unpacked and staff had to pack the room, you will retrieve items at the Physical Plant August 17-September 4. You must schedule this in advance by contacting Eric Steele (email@example.com).
What if some of my items are damaged or missing? Students signed a waiver to use storage at Denison. Please review the following:
I hereby voluntarily authorize and request that Denison University move and store my personal property that has been packed into boxes, suitcases, or other containers by me or my designee, and that is currently in my assigned residence hall room.
In consideration for Denison’s agreement to move and store my belongings, I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I assume any and all risk of damage, theft, casualty or loss of any kind of my personal property from remaining in my assigned residence hall room until the point of transit and storage.
- Denison is not responsible for any damage, theft, casualty, or loss of any kind as to my personal property, and I release and hold harmless Denison and any of its successors, assigns, affiliates, officers, trustees, employees, insurers, and agents from any and all liability, including any claims, demands, causes of action, suits, or judgments, including attorneys’ fees, arising from any injury, property damage, or loss I may suffer as a result of the transit or storage of my belongings.
- I understand and agree that the storage space for my belongings may not be climate controlled, and that Denison will not store any upholstered furniture, mattresses, couches/futons, or other soft furnishings.
- Should I wish to insure my belongings while the property is in transit or storage, I am responsible for obtaining such insurance.
- I will claim my personal property within the dates of retrieval announced by Denison prior to or upon the start of the next academic semester.
- I agree that property not claimed by the final date announced for property retrieval shall be considered voluntarily abandoned and may be disposed of or donated to a charitable organization by Denison unless Denison has agreed in writing to make alternative arrangements.
I left a sofa/futon/mattress/bedding. Why have these items not been returned? Denison did not store any upholstered furniture, mattresses, couches/futons, or other soft furnishings. These items were donated to local agencies or discarded.
I am not returning to Denison this fall, but will be back in the future. What will happen to my items? Your items will be retained at Denison until your hopeful return in Spring 2021. Your items will be stored in a building on-site but we cannot promise climate control. Please review the storage waiver you signed in May.
I am not returning to Denison this fall and would like to retrieve my items (or have a proxy retrieve them). You or your proxy may retrieve items at the Physical Plant. You must schedule this in advance by contacting Eric Steele (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will not have assistance in moving these items; please plan appropriately.
I am a 2020 graduate and would like to claim my items at my future commencement. Please indicate this by emailing Eric Steele (email@example.com). We will make someone available at that time for pickup.
I am no longer interested in claiming my items. You may donate them. You may inform us of this by contacting Eric Steele (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your patience in awaiting this information.