Our Mission & Values
Denison University encourages students to lead a holistic lifestyle through the “Be Well to Do Well” program. In this program, each of the 5 dimensions of wellness (Personal, Community, Social, Financial and Intellectual forms a piece of a lifestyle. All areas of wellness interact continuously, influencing and being influenced by each other. Making a conscious change in one area of wellness will directly affect other areas as well. “Be Well to Do Well” offers continuity and integration of care providing students with the services, health education, and support needed to successfully navigate the management of their well-being.
A Multidimensional Health and Wellness Program: Establishing healthy lifestyle habits while in college translates into healthy lifestyle habits after college. Balancing time between school, work, leisure, recreation, and family will help student stay emotionally, physically, and spiritually grounded. By actively engaging in Student Well-being Initiatives it is our hope that students will:
- Know the importance of practicing multiple dimensions of wellness
- Learn behavioral strategies that improve wellness and resilience
- Implement pro-active behaviors
- Demonstrate self-management by setting reasonable boundaries
- Utilize wellness information/resources and health promoting products and services on and off campus
- Demonstrate the ability to practice wellness enhancing behaviors and reduce health risks.
- Facilitate a discussion among peers on what it means to have a healthy community.
- Achieve balance between academics, work, and extra-curriculars.
Please call 740-587-6200 and press #1 to schedule an appointment with a member of our medical or behavioral staff
*Given demand for student appointments, we ask that you cancel any appointment you are unable to attend.
Counseling “Walk-in Hour”:
No appointment necessary
Monday through Friday
11:30 am - 12:30 pm.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: