Essentials of Business 2020
June 1 - July 2
A special summer program of Denison University’s Knowlton Center for Career Exploration, leveraging the university’s extraordinary graduate network and corporate community connections in a five-week guided introduction for students to real world business leaders, expectations and skills. Participants who complete the program will:
- Connect personally and build your network with influential business leaders
- Build understanding of the foundations of business
- Choose a specific functional track from the following: Marketing and Sales, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources and Recruiting, and Information Technology and Data
- Apply liberal arts thinking to commercial problems
- Grow project management, business ethics, strategy, and leadership capabilities
- Gain practical, resume-boosting experience highly valued by companies
- Prepare for success from day one in any career
This introduction is designed to build on your liberal arts education and provide you with the basics of business as well as an opportunity to understand how those learnings apply in a variety of work environments including: non profits, education, and start-up ventures.
Essentials of Business 2020 is free to rising sophomore, junior and senior Denison students. Time commitment will vary based on the student’s choice of functional track and optional sessions but will generally require a commitment of approximately 6 to 10 hours per week.
By participating in this program, students will be eligible for transcript notation and additional exclusive learning and networking opportunities during the 2020-2021 academic year.
For additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.