Jumpstart Your Job Search
Handshake is the place to go for many of Knowlton Center’s excellent career exploration resources. Make appointments, find resources (including all of these listed below and more!), register for events, search for jobs and internships and more. Be sure to complete your profile AND fill out your career interests so Handshake will send you the information YOU want!
- View and download career guides on different industries, companies, and general career topics
- Explore industries and watch Q&A videos by professionals in different fields
- Research top companies and access verified employee and intern reviews
- View company and internship rankings according to overall caliber, quality of life, diversity and other factors
- Information on select jobs and internships
- Career-specific interview tips
- Resume advice
- Guidance on graduate schools relevant to different careers
- Sample employers in different industries
- Flexible search functions for customized results
- Links to industry-specific websites and resources
- Searchable alumni advice by major and/or job type
Use FOCUS 2 to help you choose or change your major and also to verify your preferences or early choice of a career field.
Focus 2 is a self-paced, online career and education planning tool. You can self-assess your career relevant personal qualities and explore the career fields and major areas of study that are most compatible with your assessment results. Students who use FOCUS 2 make better decisions about their goals and plans, and they learn how to self-manage their careers.
GoinGlobal has career and employment resources that include world-wide job openings, internship listings, industry profiles and country-specific career information. You’ll find more than 30,000 pages of constantly updated content on topics like: work permit/visa regulations, resume writing guidelines and examples, employment trends, salary ranges, and networking groups.
USA City Guides contain career and employment resources for the 40 largest metropolitan areas in the USA. The database includes: job search resources, employment outlook, professional networking groups, cost of living, major employer listings by industry sector, non-profits and volunteer opportunities. HIB employer listings are also listed for all 50 states.
- Cover Letter Basics
- Resume Basics
- Resume Samples
- Personal Statement Basics
- Power Verbs for Cover Letters and Resumes
- Professional Development
- LinkedIn Checklist
- How to Network on LinkedIn
- Networking Basics
- Accelerated Nursing
- Occupational Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapy
Other Online Resources
- Occupational Outlook Handbook career information on occupations
- The OOH, maintained by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- O-Net – detailed job descriptions
- O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more!
- Glassdoor Salaries – company reviews
- Glassdoor holds a growing database of millions of company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, benefits reviews, office photos and more.
- Salary.com – salary information by job title
- See a detailed breakdown of salaries by job title and location. Explore how salaries vary by industry, years of experience, company size, education level and more.
- The Muse – career advice
- Find free career advice on topics such as interview tips, resume & cover letter samples, and search for Jobs from the best companies.
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services, Students and Employment Information
- Information from the Department of Homeland Security on Visas, CPT and OPT.