Global Citizen Year
Denison-Global Citizen Year Partnership
If you are interested in applying for the Denison-Global Citizen Year Partnership, follow these steps:
- Apply for admission to Denison with a GCY Interest Form by November 1.
- Apply to Global Citizen Year by November 1.
- Receive both admission decisions by December 1.
- If admitted to the Denison-Global Citizen Year Partnership, you will be offered a Global Citizen Year experience for 2020-21 and a place in Denison’s first-year class entering in the fall of 2021.
- If we are unable to offer you a place in the Denison-Global Citizen Year Partnership, you can then request to be considered for admission to Denison in our Regular Decision round after submitting a 2020 Common Application by January 15.
- Submit a nonrefundable enrollment deposit to Denison by December 15 (if declining your spot in the program, you can still be considered for admission to Denison in our Regular Decision round after submitting a 2020 Common Application by January 15).
If you apply to Denison through our Early or Regular Decision rounds (not the Denison-Global Citizen Year Partnership), but before enrolling decide that you would like to take a gap year to pursue a Global Citizen Year, follow these steps (and be sure to read about Grace Bachmann 17’s experience with this!):
- Pay your nonrefundable enrollment deposit by the deadline specified in your admission offer.
- Request a gap year by June 1 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Await a response from the admission committee within one week.
- Reaffirm your intention to enroll between January 1–15 during your gap year.