Off-campus study can be one of the most enriching experiences of a student's academic career, yet many who participate in a sport feel they cannot take that time out of their training or away from the playing field.
A college athlete shares her tips for having the best of both worlds.
1. Study abroad in a summer session and stay in shape.
2. Apply to schools that support athletes studying abroad.
3. Persuade your coach that study abroad would improve your skills.
4. Instead of a collegiate career, try club sports or intramurals.
5. Let the coach down easy, then invite them to come visit.