Talbot Hall

Talbot Hall

Established: 
1871
Current Use: 

First called College Hall and then nicknamed "New Brick," Talbot was renamed in 1911 after Samson Talbot, Denison's 5th President (1863-73). The four-story brick hall was built to resemble Hollis Hall at Harvard and was used at different times to house classrooms, labs, dorms, a chapel and the school's student union (1953-1962). Talbot was demolished in 1967 to make way for the construction of Knapp Hall. The Talbot cornerstone remains on the site.

From the Past