Here are some classic views of Stone Hall: its early years at the turn of the 20th century, and in the 1940s when women moved out for a year to make room for sailors and marines.
Stone is currently used to house 61 coed upper-class students.
Stone Hall was originally built as a women's dorm, but was later converted to apartments for faculty and staff. The design is Jefferson Federal Revival style in brick and stone. The hall was named for Dr. Marsena Stone, second principal of the Young Ladies' Institute (1861-1869) and professor. Stone is currently used to house 61 coed upper-class students.