Apply to Denison
We are pleased that you are considering Denison to pursue your future ambitions, and look forward to getting to know more about you.
In evaluating your application to Denison, we take a number of things into consideration about you as an individual. We are seeking students who have demonstrated a seriousness towards their academic life and in addition, bring a variety of interests, characteristics, and personal qualities in a combination that is unlike any other.
We give careful attention to:
- The rigor of your course load—we seek students that embrace an academic challenge
- Grade Point Average and Classroom Performance
- SAT and/or ACT test scores (submission is optional)
- Personal essay
- Written recommendations from your school counselor and a teacher in an academic subject
- Extracurricular accomplishments at school, in your community, or your job (We suggest investing more time in a few interests, rather than spreading yourself thin.)
- On-campus interviews, either with the admissions staff or a Senior Interviewer (not required, but suggested)
- Education Requirements: We strongly recommend that you complete four years of English, at least three years of mathematics, foreign language, science, and social studies prior to applying.
Admission to Denison University is highly competitive. The submission of standardized test scores is optional for admission consideration. Students should be advised the submission of test scores is required upon matriculation.
- Application (Part I)
Submit Application Part I of the Denison Application online or by mail. Part I is a simple one-page form that will allow us to begin your application file. There is no fee required with Part I. International students are not required to submit Part I.
- Common Application (Part II)
Submit the Common Application with the Denison Writing Supplement. The Supplement can be found on the Common Application website once you have added Denison to your list of schools. If you complete the Common Application online, we will waive the $40 application fee. If you prefer to send in a hard copy, you will need to visit Common Application Forms to print off the application. Please include a $40 application fee with the hard copy and mail it to: Denison University, Admissions Office, P.O. Box 740, Granville, Ohio 43023.
Matriculating first-year students are required to pay an enrollment deposit of $300 by the May 1st reply deadline. Any enrolled student withdrawing forfeits this deposit. Enrollment Deposits can be paid online with a credit card.
To complete your application for admission, you will need the following items:
- Common Application
- Teacher Evaluation (The Common Application indicates Denison requires two teacher recommendations. This is incorrect, we only require one.)
- School Report (can be found on Common Application Forms)
- High School Transcript
- SAT and/or ACT scores with writing (optional, see note below)*
- Personal Essay (included in Common Application)
- Mid-year Report, sent in February
- Early Decision Agreement Form - (only for students interested in the binding Early Decision Program)
*Admission to Denison University is highly competitive. The submission of standardized test scores is optional for admission consideration. Students should be advised the submission of test scores is required upon matriculation.
|Application Deadlines||Parts I, II, & III Received By||Notification By|
|Early Decision I (binding)||November 15th||December 1st|
|Early Decision II (binding)||January 15th||February 1st|
|Regular Admission||January 15th||April 1st|
|Candidates reply by May 1st|