Denison Main Entrance

Main Entrance

Established: 
1931
Current Use: 

To commemorate the centennial of the college's founding.

History & Architecture

The Main Entrance to Denison's hilltop campus was built in 1931 to commemorate the centennial of the college's founding and was the last structure built as part of the Greater Denison plan of 1917. President's Drive, or "The Drag" as it's generally known, begins at this entrance and was first constructed by Professor Fletcher Marsh in 1868. Designed by Arnold Brunner in Georgian Revival style, the entrance's central plaque was replaced during the 175th anniversary of the college in 2006.

Central Campus
Main Entrance

Enjoy this gallery of familiar and unusual perspectives of a signature building.