King Hall

King Hall

Established 
1891
Current Use 

King now houses 46 coed upper-class students in double, triple and quad units

History & Architecture

King was built as a dorm for women of Shepardson College in 1891. The design is Early Georgian Revival style in brick and stone. King Hall is named after J.W. King of Cincinnati, a trustee (1874-1886) who contributed money towards the building. King now houses 46 coed upper-class students in double, triple and quad units

Fine Arts Quad
Like the rest of South Quad, King Hall became part of campus when the Shepardson College for Women, established in 1887, was incorporated into Denison University in 1900.
Designer/Architect 
Richards, McCarty and Bulford of Columbus
Building Style 
Early Georgian Revival style in brick and stone.