Davis South Plaza Image 1

Davis South Plaza

Established 
1904
Current Use 

The plaza was part of a campus beautification program under Mrs. Eugene J. Barney. It was rededicated in 1988 as the Samuel S. and Jeanette Albiez Davis South Plaza after Mr. and Mrs. Davis who established a $1 million work-scholarship program for students. Samuel S. Davis, class of 1926, was a trustee from 1954 until his death in 1984.

Central Campus
Located on the southern side of “the Hill,” the Davis South Plaza offers a peaceful place to study, write, think, or chat, with a great view across the Fine Arts Quad to Sugarloaf Hill.
Building Style 
Built in Jeffersonian Federal Revival style as an outdoor theatre
Photo of Davis South Plaza

Enjoy this gallery of familiar and unusual perspectives of a signature building.