Denison Students' Community Service Events This Week
Date of Event: November 9, 2009
Posted: November 9, 2009
Denison students will participate in several events this week, Nov. 9-13, that highlight their dedication to service to others. Following is a list of events that are free and open to the public. For more information on any of these events, contact Betsy Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, 11/9 at 6 p.m., Hunger Banquet at the Curtis Veggie Room (300 Sunset Hill Drive). An interactive experience about global hunger.
- Tuesday, 11/10 from 11:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. JEOPARDY in Curtis Dining Hall (300 Sunset Drive). Play along and learn about issues of homeless and hunger.
- Wednesday, 11/11 from 6-10 p.m. Used Clothing Swap at the Roost in Slayter Union (200 Ridge Road). Live music.
- Thursday, 11/12 from 9-10 a.m., 1-2 p.m., and 2-3 p.m. Homelessness and Hunger/Sodexo Food Drive at Slayter Hall flagpole (200 Ridge Road). Donate food to benefit local food pantries.
- Thursday, 11/12 from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. in Slayter Hall (200 Ridge Road). Assemble sleeping bags from recycled materials, which will be donated to area shelters.
- Thursday, 11/12 from 6-7 p.m., in Higley Hall Auditorium (100 Ridge Road). Professor’s Forum on connecting issues of homelessness and hunger with academic disciplines.
- Thursday, 11/12 from 7-9 p.m. in Slayter Hall (200 Ridge Road). A “ Knit-In” to benefit Licking County agencies.
- Friday, 11/13, from 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. in the Curtis Veggie Room (300 Sunset Hill Drive). Make peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches to be served at Licking County agencies.
Denison University, founded in 1831, is an independent, residential liberal arts institution located in Granville, Ohio. A highly selective college enrolling 2,100 full-time undergraduate students from all 50 states and dozens of foreign countries, Denison is a place where innovative faculty and motivated students collaborate in rigorous scholarship, civic engagement and the cultivation of independent thinking.
For press inquiries:
- Barbara Stambaugh
- Position Title
- Director, Media Relations
- Primary Email
- Business Phone
- (740) 587-8575