Assessment of Student Learning
The Assessment Committee is charged with the following:
- Devising and executing a plan for the assessment of student learning; evaluating the results of that assessment and making recommendations for program improvement to the Academic Affairs Council and the Provost.
- Drawing up and continually revising an instruction manual (“Assessment Toolkit”) to guide departments in implementing their plans and in generating their annual reports.
- Regularly communicating with departments and academic programs to ensure that their assessment programs are on track.
- Reviewing and evaluating departmental and program assessment reports on an annual basis, providing written feedback to departments, and making recommendations to the Academic Affairs Council and the Provost.
- Providing an annual report on the assessment program to the Academic Affairs Council and the Provost. A summary of departmental and program assessments will be presented annually while a summary of the all college assessment will be done biannually.
Assessment Plan [pdf]
Assessment Toolkit [pdf]