Before the Federal Direct Loans can be disbursed to your account, you must actively accept your loans and First-Time Borrowers must complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note. Follow the instructions below to accept, modify or decline your Federal Direct Loans.
- Log in to Denison Self Service using your username and password
- Navigate to your current financial aid award
- Click Financial Aid Services
- Click Award
- Click Award for Aid Year
- Select the appropriate aid year, then click Submit
- Click Accept Award Offer
- Follow the additional instructions on to accept, modify or decline your Federal Direct Loan
- For First-Time Borrowers Only - Sign in to www.studentloans.gov with your Federal PIN to complete your Electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) and Direct Loan Entrance Counseling.
If you wish to reinstate a loan you have already declined or modify a loan you have already accepted please print, complete and return this Federal Direct Loan Update Form [pdf]. If you wish to decline a Federal Perkins Loan or a Denison Scholar Loan, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Parents interested in a PLUS loan may now apply online at www.studentloans.gov
- A federal PIN is required to sign into StudentLoans.gov. If you did not use a PIN to electronically sign a FAFSA, or if you have forgotten your PIN, you may apply for one or request a duplicate here.
- First-time PLUS borrowers may also complete an Electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) at www.studentloans.gov