Application Process: Returning Students
- Complete a Renewal Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ by April 1st.
- New applicants for need-based aid must complete the FAFSA by April 1st and designate Denison to receive the information by putting in our federal code of 003042. The applicant and one of the parents must obtain a federally assigned PIN number at http://www.pin.ed.gov/ to satisfy the signature requirements for the FAFSA (Applicants who are independent for federal aid, based on federally defined criteria, do not have to submit parental information or have a parental signature on the FAFSA).
- Families with financial circumstances that cannot be submitted on the FAFSA are encouraged to submit a signed letter of explanation to the Financial Aid Office
- On the FAFSA, returning applicants will be asked "Have you ever been convicted for a drug offense that occurred while you were receiving federal financial aid?" For information on how answering "yes" may impact your financial aid eligibility, click here.
The financial aid file must be complete by June 15th to ensure that your financial aid will credit to the fall semester bill that is generated in early July.
Students wishing to receive financial aid for Off Campus Study MUST have their FAFSA filed before March 28th in order for the FAFSA data to be received by the April 1 deadline. Any additional requested documents must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office by April 15th. If required documents are not received by the deadline, you will not be eligible to receive aid from Denison to attend your program.
Awards Notifications: Returning Students
Preliminary Electronic Award Notifications
Beginning in late April, preliminary financial aid award notifications, based on cumulative hours earned and GPA achieved after the fall semester, will be emailed to currently enrolled students who have complete need-based financial aid files. Preliminary awards are reviewed in late May after grades are final to determine your final award notification.
For a detailed explanation of your financial aid, visit Sources of Aid.
Final Electronic Award Notifications
Beginning in late May, after grades have been finalized, returning students who have complete financial aid files will receive their final award notifications electronically.
Included in the email notifications will be links to
- Denison Self Service to view details about their awards and to get instructions for accepting/declining Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy [pdf]
- Student Employment Information for students receiving a work award.
To ensure that your financial aid awards can credit to the fall semester bill generated in July, students must have their financial aid file complete by June 15th.
If you wish to receive financial aid for an off-campus program, The Financial Aid Office must receive your FAFSA data by April, 1st. Please remember that it takes three days for our office to receive your data, so submit your FAFSA before March, 28th. Additional documents must be received by April 15th. If requested documents are not received by that deadline, you will not be eligible to receive aid from Denison to attend your program.
If you find you still have more questions, contact us at: email@example.com.