Being well and eating well means becoming aware of choices and making the right decisions to achieve a better today and a better tomorrow. Your Sodexo dining team is committed to offering you a wide range of options for a healthy dining experience. From recipes that include the most nutritious mix of ingredients to offering educational resources for positive lifestyle habits, healthy options are the result of a team dedicated to advancing the well-being of the entire campus community.
Another important part of our focus on health and wellness is the use of seasonal menus, featuring fresh and healthy ingredients - many of which are grown by local or regional farmers. Every season has its own unique produce that is showcased in delicious signature dishes to highlight the distinct flavors and natural appeal of seasonal items.
For students who have special dietary and nutritional needs we have informational resources and customized menus to address your needs. These menus meet the strictest compliance standards, without sacrificing flavor, texture or presentation.
Sodexo's Nutrition Icons
Sodexo's nutrition icons make it easy to identify healthy choices. Look for these nutrition icons on the foods being served on your campus to help you meet your dietary needs or desires. If you need assistance finding the right types of foods for you, please reach out to your on-campus Sodexo manager or chef. If you have additional dietary questions, please contact us so we can help! Sodexo has registered dieticians ready to answer your questions and help you make healthy choices.
Vegetarian Vegan Local Organic Gluten-Free
Denison Dining Services is always willing to go the extra mile to help you stay within any dietary guidelines that you may have. We have access to our company dietitian, an on-line interactive site that you can visit, and a management staff that is knowledgeable, willing, and ready to help you with your dining needs. See what we do on campus:
Gluten Free Dining
- We offer a made to order stir-fry station at Curtis and Huffman Dining Halls that features gluten free foods and sauce.
- Our grilled chicken breast and hamburgers at the Curtis and Huffman Grill stations are gluten free.
- Our sliced deli meats in the dining hall are gluten free.
- We have a gluten free area in both dining halls that offers gluten free breads, toasters, and other treats.
- We feature gluten free items like cottage cheese, Rice Chex, Ken's salad dressings, and Yoplait yogurt at all meals in the dining halls.
- Gluten Free desserts are available daily.
- Additional gluten free items are also available in our daily menu, simply look for the Gluten Free logo on the food identifiers. If you do not see what you are looking for ask for our gluten free menu that features items like gluten free pasta, macaroni & cheese, burritos, rice bowls, and individual pizzas. These items are available upon request and will take several minutes to prepare.
Vegan & Vegetarian Dining
- Curtis Dining Hall has a made to order stir-fry station that features vegan foods and sauces.
- Veggie Burgers are available daily upon request at the grill.
- We feature a hummus bar in both dining halls and also provide hummus as an option at our delis.
- A vegetarian soup is always featured on our daily menu.
- Vegan desserts are available daily.
- Additional vegan and vegetarian items are available in our daily menu, simply look for the Vegetarian and Vegan logos on the food identifiers.
For more information regarding specific dietary needs on campus please contact our General Manager, Niles Gebele, or our Executive Chef, Nellie Donato.
Did You Know?
- We feature an all-natural, antibiotic free chicken breast and low sodium bacon, ham, roast beef, and turkey at Big Red Bread Co. in Slayter.
- We purchase locally sourced ground beef and hamburger patties in the dining halls.
- Well Balanced individual food items identified foods that fit nutrition criteria based on recommendations by major health organizations for reduced calories, sodium, fat and cholesterol.
- We serve local, hormone free milk.
- Grilled chicken breasts are available daily upon request at the Grill in both dining halls.