Electronic Statements Frequently Asked Questions
Beginning with the Fall 2012 Statement of Account on July 2, we will no longer be producing paper Statements. Students will instead have immediate, secure access to their electronic Statement simply by logging into their DU Self-Service account.
Will the Statement be sent electronically?
No, the actual Statement will not be sent electronically. The Statement will be available for the student to view or print securely from their Self-Service account.
How will students know that a Statement has been produced?
Each time a Statement is produced a Statement Notification email will be sent to the student’s Denison email address.
How will parents or others know a Statement has been produced?
The student may request that the Statement Notification be sent to other billing email addresses.
How can a student request that others get a Statement Notification?
Each student will be responsible for creating and maintaining their own billing email addresses. Parents or others wanting to receive the Statement Notification will need to have their student add their billing email address through Self-Service.
- See the Billing Email Address Maintenance [pdf] document for instructions on how to add billing email addresses.
What if the student or parent needs the Statement Notification sent to a different address later?
Just have the student update the billing email address in Self-Service.
- See the Billing Email Address Maintenance [pdf] document for instructions on how to change billing email addresses.
What is the benefit of receiving a Statement Notification?
It will alert you that a Statement has been produced, and therefore may require action on your part (i.e. you may need to make a payment).
- Please note that the actual Statement will not be sent electronically. The student will be responsible for providing the total due and other Statement detail to those interested.
It will include additional information relevant to the Statement or student’s account.
It may include instructions and links. This would be especially true for the Fall Semester Statement when student insurance waivers and vehicle registration forms are due.
What can families expect in early June?
We will send an informational email to the student’s Denison email address and to all active billing email addresses.
The final paper Statement will be mailed to the current billing address. (After June, paper Statements will no longer be available.)
The email and the final paper Statement will include more detailed information on how the student will access their Statement in Self-Service beginning in July. (The June Statement will not be available for viewing in Self-Service.)
What if I do not receive the informational email in early June?
Students who do not receive the email should contact Student Accounts.
Others who do not receive the June email need to make sure their student adds their billing email address (through DU Self-Service).
What can families expect on July 2?
The first Statement Notification email will be sent to the student’s Denison email address and to all active billing email addresses.
The email will include detailed information on how the student will access their Statement in Self-Service. July’s Statement will be the first available for viewing electronically.
Along with general information, the email will provide instructions on:
- Registering the student’s vehicle
- Waving the student insurance if you wish to decline coverage
- Adding Denison Dollars
Changing meal plans
- Paying (electronically or by paper check)
What information is available so far?
- Billing Email Address Maintenance [pdf] document (sent to students at their Denison email address on April 30)
- How to View your Statement [pdf] document (link to document sent with monthly Statement Notifications)
- April 2 Informational Sheet [pdf] included with Statement and payment plan option mailing (sent to all continuing students)
- April 30 email [pdf] to students at their Denison email address
- May 31 email [pdf] to students at their Denison email address
- June 1 Informational Sheet [pdf] included with the final paper Statement sent to Permanent Billing Address
- June 1 Statement Notification [pdf] to students at their Denison email address
- Billing Email Address Confirmation [pdf] email (sent to newly added Billing Email Addresses each Friday in June)
- June 5 Email [pdf] to the Class of 2016 at their Denison email address
- June 25 email [pdf] to students at their Denison emaill address