The ITS Help Desk is ready to assist you with any questions or problems you may have regarding technology use at Denison University. If you need technology help, please call, email, or visit us. If you call after business hours, please leave a message and we will contact you the next business day.
- Location: Fellows Hall, Room 100A
- Phone: 740-587-6395
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Find Answers Online:
Browse the How-To Tutorials for answers to many of the frequently asked questions we receive.
2) Before You Call:
Program or Application Freezes (Windows)
- Press the
Ctrl + Alt + Deletekeys simultaneously.
- Choose "Task List".
- Select the program that you want to stop and press the End Task button.
Program or Application Freezes (Macintosh)
- Press the Option
+ Cmd + Escapekeys simultaneously.
- Select the program that you want to stop and press the Force Quit button.
Monitor Won't Turn On
Make sure the power cable and the cable that runs from the monitor to the CPU are secure.
Computer Can't Access the Network
- Make sure the network cable is seated properly into the CPU and wall.
- Cold boot (Shut Down and Turn Off) the computer.
- Wait for 10 - 15 seconds and turn it back on.
Local Printer Won't Print
Turn the printer and your computer off then on again.
Computer Will Not Shut Down (Mac and PC)
Push in and hold the power button for the count of 10, and your computer should shut down. Wait for another 10 - 15 seconds before turning it back on again.
3) Ask for Help:
The Help Desk will respond to you as soon as possible.