Beth Eden houses administrative functions, including the offices of Institutional Advancement.
The land where Beth Eden stands was first acquired in 1889 from Fletcher O. Marsh, professor of mathematics and acting president of the university from 1873 - 1875. The Marsh house was then torn down and the new home or "President's Mansion" was built in 1903. The first president to live in the house, Emory W. Hunt (1901-1912), unofficially named the house "Beth Eden" after the Massachusetts' church where he and his wife were married. The house was converted to the Admissions center in the early 1970's and the name "Beth Eden", meaning "House of Peace," was made official.