Subject Guide: Psychology
The Library's Subject Guides help you find resources that are specialized for certain areas of study. There are many other resources available which provide generalized information--not specific to one topic or area. To see more of these general resources, see the Subject Guide: General page.Science Liaison - Moriana Garcia
Databases and indexes provide information about journal, magazine and newspaper articles.
- Medline with full text
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- PsycINFO (1967-present)
- PsycINFO Historical (1887-1966)
- Mental Measurements Yearbook
- Social Sciences Abstracts
- Web of Knowledge
Reference books provide background information on a people, terms and concepts.
- The Corsini encyclopedia of psychology and behavioral science BF31 .E522 2001
- Encyclopedia of industrial and organizational psychology HF5548.8 .E498 2007
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Psychology
- Handbook of Psychology BF121 .H1955 2003
- Handbook of child psychology BF721 .H242 2006
- Encyclopedia of applied developmental science HQ767.84 .E52 2005
- Encyclopedia of psychiatry, psychology, and psychoanalysis RC437 .E49 1996
- Handbook of research methods in abnormal and clinical psychology RC467.2 .H359 2008
- OhioLINK Electronic Book Center - Psychology has a large collection of books to browse or search.
Here are a few web sites we think you might find useful:
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Psychological Science
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- Classics in the History of Psychology
- Archives of the History of American Psychology
Here are a few of the journals available via the web in this field:
- Science 1997-present (access through the publisher Web site)
- Science 1880-2004 (access through JSTOR)
- American Journal of Psychiatry
- Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Journals of Gerontology all three journals are available in full text on campus
- To determine whether we have a journal available online, search CONSORT or use the Electronic Journal Finder.