Subject Guide: Physical Education
The Library's Subject Guides help you find resources that are specialized for certain areas of study. There are many other resources available which provide generalized information--not specific to one topic or area. To see more of these general resources, see the Subject Guide: General page.Liaison - Roger Kosson
Databases provide information about journal, magazine and newspaper articles.
- BIOSIS Reviews/Biological Abstracts:
References to journal items focusing on vital biological and medical research findings. Approximately 5,500 international journals are reviewed.
Covers nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
- Education Abstracts:
Covers 478 core international periodicals, monographs, and yearbooks. Topics include a wide range of contemporary education issues.
The Educational Resources Information Center is the world's largest source of education information.
- HealthSource: Consumer Edition
Includes information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health.
- HealthSource: Nursing/Academic Edition
Provides nearly 580 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also featured are abstracts and indexing for over 615 journals.
- MedLINE with full text:
A bibliographic database covering all the fields of medicine. Citations & abstracts from 4,500 biomedical journals published in the United States and 70 foreign countries.
Offers international coverage of journal and magazine articles; books and book chapters; conference proceedings; and dissertations and theses.
Reference books provide background information on a people, terms and concepts.
- Berkshire Encyclopedia of World Sport GV567 .B48 2005
- The Encyclopedia of North American Sports History GV567 .H518 2002
- The Encyclopedia of 20th Century Athletes GV697 .A1 2001
- Encyclopedia of Ethnicity and Sports in the United States GV709 .E83 2000
- The Encyclopedia of Sports Medicine RC1206 .O355 2005
- Encyclopedia of Sports Science GV558 .E53 1997
- International Encyclopedia of Women and Sports GV709 .I58 2000
- The Rehabilitation Specialist's Handbook RM735.3 .R68 1998
- Sports -- and What's New with Anabolic Steroids ... RC1230 .S662 2001
- Sports and Education: A Reference Handbook
- Sports in America: Recreation, Business, Education, and Controversy
Here are a few web sites we think you might find useful:
- The American Physical Therapy Association
The American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
with a link to the National Association for Sport and Physical Education.
- The National Athletic Trainers Association
- NATA Education Council