Subject Guide: Mass Media
The Library's Subject Guides help you find resources that are specialized for certain areas of study. There are many other resources available which provide generalized information--not specific to one topic or area. To see more of these general resources, see the Subject Guide: General page.
Databases provide information about journal, magazine and newspaper articles.
- Academic Search Complete
- Communication & Mass Media Complete
- MLA International Bibliography
- Humanities International Complete
- Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature - Indexes and abstracts the most popular general-interest periodicals published in the United States and Canada. Date coverage is 1890 to the present.
- The Left Index - Left Index provides access to the diversity of literature on the left.
Reference books provide background information on a people, terms and concepts.
- Dictionary of Media and Communication Studies P87.5 .W38 2003
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary American Culture E169.12 E49 2001
- Encyclopedia of Latino Popular Culture E184.S75 E59 2004
- Handbook of American Popular Culture E169.1 H2643 (3 vol.)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture E169.1 S764 2000 (5 vol.)
- Twentieth-Century American Cultural Theorists CT3990.A2 T87 2001
- The Guide to United States Popular Culture E169.1 D399 2000
Here are a few web sites we think you might find useful: