Subject Guide: Environmental StudiesLiaison - Debby Andreadis email@example.com
The Library's Subject Guides help you find resources that are specialized for certain areas of study. There are many other resources available which provide generalized information--not specific to one topic or area. To see more of these general resources, see the Subject Guide: General page.
Databases provide information about journal, magazine and newspaper articles. Here are a few that have information pertinent to Environmental topics.
- Environment Complete
- Web of Science (the citation indices)
- BIOSIS Previews
- Compendex an engineering database
- Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- General Science Abstracts
- INSPEC and INSPEC Archive cover the physical sciences.
Reference books provide background information on people, terms and concepts. Here are some samples to give you an idea of call number areas of the collection that might be useful.
- Access Science an online science encyclopedia.
- Beacham's Guide to the Endangered Species of North America
- Encyclopaedic Dictionary of Environmental Change GE10 E536 2001
- Encyclopedia of Environmental Ethics and Philosophy
- Encyclopedia of Environmental Issues GE10 E52 2000 v.1-3
- Encyclopedia of Environmental Science GE10 M66 2000
- Encyclopedia of Environmental Studies TD9 .A84 2001
- Encyclopedia of World Environmental History GF10 .E63 2004 v.1-3
- Environmental Law Handbook KF3775 .E58 2005
- Environmental Performance Measurement HD75.6 .E575 2002
- Illustrated Dictionary and Resource Directory of Environmental & Occupational Health RA566 .K59 2005
- The Oxford Companion to Global Change
- The Wellbeing of Nations GE140 P74 2001
- Wiley Encyclopedia of Environmental Pollution and Cleanup TD173 .W55 1999 v.1-2
Here are a few web sites we think you might find useful:
- AAAS Atlas of Population & Environment
- AgEcon Search provides full-text access to sources in Agricultural Economics, a part of AgNIC
- AIRData - Air Pollution data from the EPA
- American Rivers
- ARKive - images of life on Earth - contains a database of images of endangered and extinct species
- Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center
- Committee for the National Institute for the Environment
- Constructed Wetlands Bibliography - from the USDA
- Earth Island Institute
- EarthTrends: The environmental information portal - from the World Resources Institute
- Environmental Organization Web Directory
- Environmental Protection Agency
- EPA Sector Notebooks
- Forest Conservation Portal
- Global Climate Change Student Guide
Here are a few of the recently added journals available via the web in this field:
- Contemporary Problems of Ecology
- Environmental Policy and Governance
- PubMed Central digital archive of many life science journals. See the full list for years covered and restrictions.
- To determine whether we have a journal available online, please search the CONSORT catalog or use the Electronic Journal Finder.