Moriana L. M. Garcia
B.S. in Pharmacy from Federal University of Amazonas, 1996
M.S. in Pharmacology from University of Sao Paulo, 1999
Ph.D. in Pharmacology from University of San Paulo, 2003
M.L.S. in Library and Information Science from Kent State University, 2009
- Natural Sciences Liaison Librarian
August 2009 - present
Denison University, William Howard Doane Library
- Technical Services Practicum
January 2009 – April 2009
The Ohio State University, University Libraries and Prior Health Sciences Library
- Graduate student volunteer
September 2008 – July 2009
The Ohio State University, Prior Health Sciences Library
- Graduate student volunteer
November 2007-December 2008
The Ohio State University, University Libraries
- Postdoctoral research fellow
January 2004 – January 2005
University of Connecticut, Department of Physiology and Neurobiology
- Doctoral research fellow
- Master research fellow
- Graduate research fellow
September 1996 – December 2003
University of Sao Paulo, Department of Pharmacology - Ribeirao Preto Medical School (Brazil)
- Teaching assistant
March 1995- June1996
Federal University of Amazonas, Pharmacy School (Brazil)
Publications and recent presentations
- Ricker AS, Clemons J, Garcia MM, Jenkins AR, Peoples DC. 2012. Faculty, librarian and student collaboration: enhancing science teaching with digital collections. Poster presented at the 2012 annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, February 16-20, in Vancouver, Canada.
- Garcia MM. 2011. Migration Stories of Denison Faculty. Presented as part of the Migration Theme - Panel Discussion at Denison University, November 29, in Granville,OH.
- Garcia MM. 2011. The Five Laws of Library Science. Presented as part of the Fall 2011 Tuesday Lunch Seminars at Denison University, November 15, in Granville,OH.
- Garcia MM, Pantle KL, Bostic M, Edgerton MC, Klemetti EW. 2011. Between a rock and a virtual place: creating a digital collection for the Geosciences. Poster presented at the 2011 annual conference of the Academic Library Association of Ohio, November 3-4, in Toledo, OH.
- Clemons A, Garcia M, Klinepeter P, Ryan C, DeShazo K, Beals N et al. 2009. Reports of Conferences, Institutes, and Seminars. Serials Review 35, no. 4: 286-292.
- Garcia MM, Boyd M, Hartel L, Kilzer R, Kuehn J. 2009. “Search OSU and beyond…”: the impact of WorldCat Local at The Ohio State University. Poster presented at the 2009 annual conference of the American Library Association, July 9-15, in Chicago, IL.
- Garcia MM. 2008. Student Spotlight. Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarians Newsletter 21: 9.
- Lima VC, Molchanov ML, Aguiar DC, Campos AC, and Guimarães FS. 2008. Modulation of defensive responses and anxiety-like behaviors by group I metabotropic glutamate receptors located in the dorsolateral periaqueductal gray. Progress In Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry 32, no. 1: 178-185.
- Moreira FA, Molchanov ML, and Guimarães FS. 2004. Ionotropic glutamate-receptor antagonists inhibit the aversive effects of nitric oxide donor injected into the dorsolateral periaqueductal gray of rats. Psychopharmacology 171, no. 2: 199-203.
- de Araújo Moreira F, Molchanov ML, and Guimarães FS. 2003. Flight reactions to nitric oxide in the inferior colliculus of rats depend on NMDA receptor activation. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, And Behavior 76, no. 1: 35-41.
- Molchanov ML, and Guimarães FS. 2002. Anxiolytic-like effects of AP7 injected into the dorsolateral or ventrolateral columns of the periaqueductal gray of rats. Psychopharmacology 160, no. 1: 30-38.
- Molchanov ML, and Guimarães FS. 1999. Defense reaction induced by a metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist microinjected into the dorsal periaqueductal gray of rats. Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research 32, no. 12:1533-1537.
Membership in Professional Associations:
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS)
- Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO)
- American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T)
- Central Ohio Chapter (CO-ASIS&T) - Treasurer 2010-present; Chair, Membership Committee 2009-2010; Student representative 2008-2009
- Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarians (OVGTSL)