Sunset House

Sunset House

Established: 
1941
Current Use: 
Sunset House is now used to house 33 first-year and upper class students in double and triple units.
History & Architecture

Built to house the American Commons Club after their home Marsh Hall, which stood on the present site of Higley, was razed in 1940. The non-Greek fraternity later became Delta Chi. An addition to the house was made in 1960.

North Residential Quad
Sunset House was originally the home of the American Commons Club, a national organization founded at Denison in 1917 as an alternative to Greek letter organizations, with membership open to all regardless of their race or religion.