Shepardson Hall

Shepardson Hall

Established: 
1968
Current Use: 

The dorm now houses upperclassmen.

History & Architecture

The building is named in honor of Dr. Daniel Shepardson, president of the Young Ladies Institute which became known as Shepardson College. The women's college merged with Denison in 1927. The building of brick and limestone was made in a New Formalism style. In 1968, the building was completed by Gilbert Steltzer.

East Residential Quad
Around campus, Shepardson is famous for its “nine-man” suites.
Designer/Architect: 
Gilbert Seltzer
Building Style: 
Brick and stone in the New Formalism.