Old Doane Library

Old Doane Library

Established: 
1878
Current Use: 

Victorian Gothic detail. Reminiscent of a medieval chapel in design. Gift of William Howard Doane. The library, which the college had severely outgrown by the time funds were available for a new building, was razed in 1937. Its cornerstone is part of the landscaped terraces in front of the present Doane Library and Seeley Mudd Learning Center.

From the Past
1div id="fulldescription-overlay">