Moshier-Hutchison House

Moshier-Hutchison House

Established: 
1952
Current Use: 

Moshier-Huchison (formerly Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity) now houses 41 coed first-year and upper class students in single and double units.

History & Architecture

The architects of the building are Sims, Cornelius and Schooley with William Gehron. The design is Georgian Colonial style, and Moshier-Huchison was built to house the fraternity Sigma Alpha Epsilon in 1952. It now houses 41 coed first-year and upper class students in single and double units.

North Residential Quad
Formerly the Sigma Alpha Epsilon House, it’s named for Malcom Moshier ’37 and James Huchison ‘33. Both were lifelong supporters of the college—each endowing student scholarships—and active mentors to generations of Denison’s SAE chapter.
Designer/Architect: 
Sims, Cornelius and Schooley with William Gehron
Building Style: 
Georgian Colonial style.