Residence of the University president and his family.
The building is named after a small Massachusetts island and was built in 1863. Originally the private residence of Dr. A.K. Follett, Monomoy later was acquired by John Sutphen Jones who married Follett's daughter. Jones was well known in Granville and founded the Granville Inn and golf course. Denison bought the home in 1935 to use as temporary housing for women until more residence halls could be built on upper campus. It also was used as a temporary fraternity house before being closed and eventually renovated for use as the president's home. Robert C. Good (1976-84) was the first president to live in the house.