Middleton House Building Image

Middleton House

Established: 
1915
Current Use: 

Denison used this house, which sites on the original site of the Granville Literary and Theological Institution, as a guest house and conference center.

History & Architecture

The house stands on the original site of the Granville Literary and Theological Institution (1831-1854) which later became Denison University. The home was originally built for James Huston who held the title from 1915 until C.W. and Dorothy Galt Middleton purchased it in 1935. The Middletons gave the house back to the college in 1961 for use as a guest house and conference center. The surrounding farm was given as an additional gift in 1980. Denison sold the house in 2005, and it is now privately owned.

From the Past