King Hall
60
check-ins
Foursquare Mayor
Nicole P.
Foursquare Mayor

King Hall

Established: 
1891
Current Use: 

King now houses 46 coed upper-class students in double, triple and quad units

History & Architecture

King was built as a dorm for women of Shepardson College in 1891. The design is Early Georgian Revival style in brick and stone. King Hall is named after J.W. King of Cincinnati, a trustee (1874-1886) who contributed money towards the building. King now houses 46 coed upper-class students in double, triple and quad units

Fine Arts Quad
4c0966b1340720a1ceba8493
Like the rest of South Quad, King Hall became part of campus when the Shepardson College for Women, established in 1887, was incorporated into Denison University in 1900.
Designer/Architect: 
Richards, McCarty and Bulford of Columbus
Building Style: 
Early Georgian Revival style in brick and stone.
1div id="fulldescription-overlay">