Beaver and its twin, Sawyer, were built at a time of unprecedented growth in Denison’s history, under the leadership of President Clark Chamberlin. They were the first two residence halls on what would be known as the Women’s Quad until the mid 1960s.
Arnold Brunner finished Beaver Hall in 1925, and it was one of the two dorms for women built at the time. The dorm was named after Mary Thresher Beaver, at the request of her husband Frederick P. Beaver (trustee, 1900-1936) who donated funds for the building. The dorm now houses 89 female upper class students in suites with the exception of a few double and single rooms.