Application: Common Application (Fine Arts Supplement)
Admission to Denison is based on a holistic review of your application. Additional materials that you voluntarily include will only enhance the overall picture we see of you. We focus primarily on your academic history, but appreciate the insight into your personal high school experience that supplemental information can provide. We ask that you please include the Common Application Fine Arts Supplement form as a cover page along with your supplement.
- Applicants may submit a PowerPoint presentation with 15-20 images of your artwork from high school including the size, medium, and date of completion for each work.
- A brief artist statement may be included in the PowerPoint as well.
- Please do not send original artworks.
- The Department of Cinema does not review any supplemental admissions materials (e.g. videos, scripts, papers). The department is dedicated to teaching cinema to all students who wish to study film/video aesthetics, history, theory, and production in the context of a broader liberal arts education.
- Applicants may submit a short DVD portraying the student taking a class, and dancing either in a performance or for the camera as if auditioning.
- We strongly recommend that you visit Denison and participate in a Dance class while on campus as well.
- The Music Department requires that applicants wishing to be considered for Music Scholarships have a live audition with a faculty member or submit a recording to the department.
- Live auditions can be scheduled by contacting the department directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or #740-587-6220.
- CDs or DVDs will also be accepted and can be sent to the Admissions Office along with the cover sheet.* Students wishing to get involved with the Music Department without becoming a Major/Minor may also submit recordings to be reviewed.
- Applicants may submit a short DVD portraying the student acting either in a performance or for the camera as if auditioning.