Mission & Vision
A Denison where the curricular and co-curricular are integrated within the student experience and a Denison community of learners where students graduate as values-based leaders and self-aware citizens, who demonstrate competence and respect in all they do.
The Campus Leadership & Involvement Center supports the University mission by providing co-curricular learning opportunities that foster interpersonal and intrapersonal growth as well as the acquisition of practical competencies, which contribute to critical thinking and values-based decision-making. Above all, we assist students with embracing ethical leadership and lifelong learning while promoting a sense of community and a purposeful connection to Denison.
To accomplish our mission, we:
- Use Astin’s theory of student involvement to guide our work: ensuring our efforts are characterized by meaningful, experiential student engagement and active learning in all areas.
- Connect students to the Denison community, supporting their acclimation to campus and their retention through programming, campus traditions, advising, and meaningful participation in campus organizations.
- Offer leadership development opportunities such as programs, institutes, workshops, advising, training and retreats that help to foster both values-based leadership and management skill sets.
- Support, advise, and advocate for campus organizations and student programming.
- Create intentional partnerships with community-based organizations, alumni, campus colleagues and other stakeholders to enhance the student experience.
- Conduct ongoing assessment and evaluation of both the student body’s needs and of our programs and initiatives.