Google Forms are a quick and easy way to generate online forms and collect submissions in spreadsheet format. Denison University community members have access to Google Forms as part of the Google Apps for Education suite.
If you’re thinking about making a Google Form available on the web, here are some important guidelines:
- Account Ownership – When you create a Google Form, ideally you should do so from a generic account for your office or department (e.g. email@example.com). Otherwise, your form will be tied to specific employee accounts. If that employee were to leave Denison, it may be difficult to recover and transfer the form to another account. If you need a generic account, please contact the ITS Help Desk.
- MyDenison or Denison.edu?
- If your Google Form is geared toward the internal campus community – students, faculty, and staff—then the forms should be placed on the MyDenison portal.
- If your Google Form needs to solicit information from external audiences – prospective students, parents, Granville & Columbus residents—then the form can be placed on the public Denison.edu website.
- Themes for Your Form – For forms to be used on the public Denison.edu website, please set the theme of your Google Form to “Simply Grey.” For an overview of how to change the theme, visit Google Docs Help.
- Website Integration – Note that, in public Denison.edu website cases, we will have a link to the Google Form open in a new browser window. Google Forms will not be embedded within Denison.edu page designs.
If you need help in using Google Forms and reviewing spreadsheet results, please contact the ITS Help Desk.