DenisonBlogs How-To Guides
How do I add users to my blog?
There are two methods to add users to your blog:
- On the Dashboard, click on "Users," then click "Add New."
- Under "Add New User," type in the user's Denison username and e-mail and select a role for that user. It's important to use their Denison username and e-mail address. If you must use a non-Denison username and e-mail address, our system won't know anything about the user and will block them until you call the Help Desk to create an exception.
- Alternatively, if the user already has an account on another blog within blogs.denison.edu, you can use the Add Existing User form. This way you only have to type in the user's Denison e-mail address to continue.
- Ask your users to log in to your blog. Anyone with a Denison e-mail account can log in. This will automatically create a Subscriber account for that user.
- To change the new user's role, click on "Users" in your Dashboard. Click the "Edit" link under a user's name, then use the "Role" drop-down menu to set a new role (be sure to click "Update User" at the bottom to save your change).
Where do I add header images and configure my blog's basic info?
Once you've looged into your WordPress dashboard, go to the Settings menu and select "Theme Options."
For a great introduction on WordPress, check out the following:
- Introduction to blogging; including, 'what is a blog?' and blogging syntax
- First steps with WordPress
- (Video) Introduction to WordPress
- WordPress FAQ for beginners
- WordPress Semantics
If you want to know how to do things like add video, audio, and photos to your blog, please consult the following tutorials:
- Writing a post
- Editing a post / (Video) Tutorial
- Uploading files
- Inserting images
- Playing with fonts / (Video) Adding bold, italic, color
- (Video) How to insert an image and make it a link
- (Video) How to upload and link to a pdf
- Managing links
- Adding audio
- Adding a Twitter widget
- Adding a Flickr widget
- How to embed a youtube video