Denison Internship Program
The Denison Internship Program offers our students a structured learning experience as they explore career fields and apply academic coursework to the workplace.
Each year, our program promotes and engages in a variety of internship opportunities across the globe that are typically conducted over the summer months. We expect our students to learn and develop professionally through a three-tiered partnership between students, supervisors, and the Career Exploration & Development staff.
Many alumni and employer partners are interested in hiring Denison interns and frequently post positions through the Denison Internship Program.
Internship postings for Denison students can be found through DULink.
- Complete the Internship Form in DULink. By completing this form, you are helping us provide accurate information to our community. Students, parents, faculty, and others are interested in knowing how many Denison students engage in internships and where these experiences take place.
- Acknowledge that you should complete 100 or more total working hours, and that arrangements and costs associated with travel, housing, and board are your responsibility.
- Conduct yourself ethically and professionally as an intern. You are considered a representative of the Denison University community and should therefore set a positive example.
- Alert Career Exploration & Development immediately following any questionable and/or uncomfortable situations that may arise in the workplace.
- Maximize your internship experience by seeking regular feedback and direction from your supervisor in addition to setting goals/objectives to help guide your experience!
Steps for Notation
Denison students can earn transcript notation through the Denison Internship Program. Transcript notation makes your experience visible to all employers and graduate programs that request your transcript.
In order to receive this distinction, please attend to the following:
- Complete the Internship Form in DULink.
- Submit your offer letter to CE&D as explained in the Form.
- Complete the Mid-point Check-in on DULink.
- Complete the Self-Evaluation on DULink.
- Respond to CE&D announcements/e-mails that ask for your feedback.
Where applicable, it may be necessary to complete assignment(s) in addition to the criteria above depending on the nature of your experience.
Please note that CE&D asks your internship supervisor to complete an employer evaluation and you are expected to complete at least 100 working hours for notation. Satisfactory performance on the part of the intern is expected and a requirement for notation.
Denison University is fortunate to have multiple partnerships with generous alumni and external organizations. Through these partnerships, the Denison Internship Program is able to support a stipend system linked to students completing UNPAID internships.
Internship stipends are awarded to students based on a formal application process that includes a student-generated budget in addition to an institutional assessment of one's financial need, campus conduct, and academic eligibility. For stipend application assistance, please schedule an appointment with a CE&D advisor to discuss the application process and how it relates to your internship search.
To access the Denison Internship Program’s Stipend Application, log into DULink and search for “Stipend Application” in DULink Jobs.