2016-2017 Financial Aid Newsletter
It’s that time of the year! The 2016-17 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now available at fafsa.ed.gov, for students applying for need based aid, which include grants, work-study and student loans. Here are a few tips for filing your FAFSA and ensuring your financial aid is finalized prior to next Fall.
- Your FSA PIN is no longer valid! The FSA ID replaced the FSA PIN on May 10, 2015. So if you haven’t logged in to your FAFSA since this time last year, you and your parent will each need to create a FSA ID before you can begin your FAFSA. Start on fafsa.ed.gov and follow the FSA ID link to update.
- Avoid paperwork later! Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your and your parents’ tax data directly into your FAFSA. Your tax data will be available to import approximately 3 weeks after you file with the IRS.
- Don’t forget to list Denison on your FAFSA! Our school code is 003042.
- Respond promptly to requests from our office!
- Watch your email! Your financial aid award will be posted to Denison Self-Service. As long as your FAFSA has been received, we’ll notify you when it’s ready in April.
Best wishes for a successful Spring semester!
Director of Financial Aid
For more helpful information, please download the 2016 -2017 Newsletter below: