The Financial Aid Office has been notified of the following scholarship opportunities. Application materials for these scholarships can be obtained below or in the Financial Aid Office. For additional information about any particular scholarship, contact the scholarship foundation.
Capital University Army ROTC
Application Deadline: Continuous
Amount: The ROTC Scholarship pays Full-tuition, $1,200 for books, and a monthly stipend.
Whether you're a college-bound high school student or already attending a college or university, Army ROTC has scholarships available. Scholarships are awarded based on a student's merit and grades, not financial need.
Army ROTC offers two, three, and four-year scholarship options based on the time remaining to complete your degree.
Visit the ROTC website for application materials, criteria and eligibility requirements and submission information.
Ohio Army National Guard
Application Deadline: Continuous
Amount: $16,488 per year in Federal and State Tuition Benefits plus a monthly benefit of $317 provided by the Montgomery GI Bill for full-time enrollment.
In the Ohio Army National Guard you can serve part-time, one weekend per month and two weeks in the summer, and let the Guard pay for your college expenses. Up to $20,000 in Student Loan Repayment benefits are also available.
For more information, contact SFC Chris Huffman at the Newark Storefront Recruiting Office, 273 Deo Drive in Newark at 740-366-3511 or visit the Ohio Army National Guard website: www.1-800-GO-GUARD.com.
Application Deadline: Various dates
Amount: Various amounts
The Point Foundation provides financial support, leadership training, mentoring and hope to meritorious students who are marginalized due to sexual orientation, gender identify and/or gender expression.
Visit the Point Foundation for scholarship opportunities, guidelines and required documents.
National Science Foundation
Application Deadline: Continuous
Amount: Up to $40,500 per year
The National Science Foundation is now accepting applications for over 1,000 fellowships in the Graduate Research Fellowship Program.
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens, nationals, or permanent resident aliens, and at or near the beginning of graduate studies in an NSF-supported field:
- Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE)
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physics and Astronomy
- Social Sciences
Abbott & Fenner Scholarship Program
Application Deadline: June 14, 2013
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants is offering scholarships for the 2013-2014 academic year. Scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution between the ages of 16 and 30.
To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay on the topic below. Your essay should be between 500 and 1000 words. Your submissions must be sent to us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• What do you see as the long term impact of our current recession on the average family? How might it affect their future decisions?
Visit the Abbott and Fenner website for more information.
Kid's Chance of Ohio
Application Deadline: No later than one month before the beginning of the semester
Amount: $500 - $5,000
Kid's Chance of Ohio provides financial support to children ages 16-25 of Ohio workers fatally injured or rendered permanently and totally disabled as a result of a work-related accident or occupational disease.
For specific eligibility requirements and application materials visit www.kidschanceohio.org.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2013 Winners will be announced June 7, 2013.
Amount: $10,000 - $1,000 - $3,000
In 300 words or less, write an essay about the most important teacher, tutor, or coach in your life. Using your email and social media contacts, reach out to friends and family to get votes for your essay. Finalists will be determined by popular vote!
Visit the WyzAnt website to apply and submit your essay.
Application Deadline: May 15. Winners will be notified in June.
Amount: Up to $5,000. In addition to their scholarship, winners will also receive a one-year SME student membership.
- Students must be Greater Cleveland Area Residents and a full-time student enrolled in a marketing or sales discipline at an Ohio college or University
- Students must have current minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Students must be enrolled in the final semester of the sophomore year or be in th Junior year when the application is submitted
- Scholarship must be applied toward Tuition costs
- Application must included the following: up-to-date transcript of grades; two faculty and/or professional letters of recommendation; a 500 word essay about career goals
Applications are available online at www.smecleveland.com.
B. Davis Scholarship
Application Deadline: May 26, 2014
- Open to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any post secondary institution.
- To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay of less than 1000 words on the following topic:
Discuss, in less than 1000 words, how your education has contributed to who you are today, or how it will affect who you will become.
- Your submissions must be sent by email to email@example.com
For more information visit www.studentawardsearch.com/scholarships.htm.
Application Deadline: June 21, 2013
- All student athletes are eligible regardless of the sport they are engaged in. The student must be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institution.
- To apply for this scholarship please send a short essay answering the following question:
How has your education contributed to who you are today? Why do you want to earn a college education?
- Your submissions must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit www.bigsunathletics.com.
Desk & Derrick Educational Trust
Application Deadline: April 1.
- Must be a citizen of the United States or Canada
- Must have completed two years of undergraduate education
- Students must have current minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2
- Students must be enrolled in a full time program
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in a major field of study related to qualifying for full-time employment (in the petroleum, energy or allied industries) and have need of financial assistance.
For additional information and to download an application, please visit www.theeducationaltrust.org/.
Application Deadline: October 4, 2013
Our belief is that achieving a high grade point average should not be the only criteria for determining who deserves to be helped. For that reason we are offering a scholarship that will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by evaluated the essays that are submitted.
Scholarships are intended for our future leaders across a wide spectrum of fields of study. This award is available to high school seniors and all students attending a post secondary educational facility. You are not required to be taking Engineering courses to be eligible.
Applicants must submit an essay of no more than 1000 words in answer to the following question:
What are your dreams for your future? When you look back on your life in thirty years, what would it take for you to consider your life successful?
- Submit essay to: email@example.com
There is no application packet for this award. Please do not include your resume at this time.
Be sure to include your full name as well as the name of the school you are attending this year and your plans for next year.
For more information visit www.aesengineers.com.
DatingAdvice.com Scholarship Program
Annual scholarship awards $1,000 to U.S. undergraduates and graduates majoring in Psychology who seek a career in relationship counseling or a related field.
Applicants will be judged based on academic achievement (minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA) and a minimum 500- to maximum 900-word essay entitled “The Psychology of Online Dating.” The essay should address the psychological issues and challenges facing singles given the growing popularity of online dating, and how relationship professionals can help online daters navigate these challenges.
Scarlett Family Foundation
Since 2006, the Scarlett Family Foundation has awarded over $2,600,000 in college scholarships to middle Tennessee students in pursuit of a business degree. These students are attending public and private colleges and universities throughout the United States.
GoodCall's Best Decision Scholarship Scholarship Program
Deadline: December 31, 2015
Eligibility requirements and online application can be found with the link below.