||Monomoy Place is the residence of the President of the University; Monomoy Annex now houses students.
|| The building is named after a small Massachusetts island and was built in 1863. Built as the private residence of Dr. A.K. Follett. Later, Monomoy was acquired by John Sutphen Jones who married Follett's daughter. Jones was well known in Granville and founded the Granville Inn and golf course. Denison bought the home in 1935 to use as temporary housing for women until more dorms could be built on upper campus. It was also used as a temporary fraternity house before being closed and eventually renovated for use as the President's home. Robert C. Good (1976-84) was the first President to live in the house. Monomoy Annex was the original carriage house to Monomoy. The annex was moved to face Mulberry St. in the late 1930's when it was remodeled for use as faculty housing. The house was also home to Alpha Chi Omega before the sorority moved to the current Cinema Annex in 1964. Monomoy Place is the residence of the President of the University; Monomoy Annex now houses students.