Website Listings By Career Field
- Advertising Media Internet Center
- Agency ComPile - Comprehensive database of advertising and PR agencies.
- American Advertising Federation - National jobs, college connection, more
- Creative Hotlist - Jobs advertising and other creative fields.
- International Association of Business Communicators - PR, public affairs, marketing, and related job postings.
- NationJob - Advertising and media jobs
- O'Dwyer's PR Firm - Extensive online listing of PR firms; alpha, geographic, and specialty indices, often with client lists.
- Public Relations Society of America
- National Council on Public History - Mainly book resources that are available
- New York Foundation for the Arts - Job listings
- Internet ArtResources - Galleries, Museums, etc. (links to over 5000 global galleries
- Museum Employment Resource Center
- Museum Jobs - Job database for museums, libraries, archives and galleries
- Museum Jobs Info - Not limited to art museums
- League of Historical Theater Preservations - Provides a directory of several preservation associations and contacts.
- http://www.diramed.com/ - DIRAmed
- http://www.newscientistjobs.com - New Scientist Jobs
- http://www.biopharminsight.com/ - BioPharm Insight
- http://www.biospace.com/hotbed.aspx?regionid=16 - BioSpace
- http://www.biohealthmatics.com/ - Biotechnology and Healthcare
- http://www.medzilla.com/ - Medzilla
- http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org/ - Science Careers
- http://www.careers-in-business.com/ Information on key careers in business such as investment banking, consulting, and marketing.
- http://www.advancingwomen.com/ International business careers and networking information.
- http://career.berkeley.edu/Business/Business.stm Specialized career center services as well as career paths and occupational information resources (also includes MANY business careers links within the website!)
- http://www.refdesk.com/business.html Lists business and career resources in the form of an Encyclopedia.
- http://www.businessweek.com/careers/ Business Week: Career advice, coaching, and planning.
- http://career.hispanicbusiness.com/ Provides jobs, entrepreneurial and career resources for Latino, African-American, Asian, Women, and other minorities.
- http://www.careeroverview.com/business-careers.html Business career and employment information also with education and search resources.
- Wall Street Journal Career Site
- Insurance Careers
- Disney - Employment
- Film & TV Connection - Provides on-the-job training in major film/video studios and television stations.
- Lucasfilm Ltd. - Employment
- New England Film - Jobs in the television industry, mostly in the New England area including Boston, Providence, etc.
- The Directors Guild-Producer Training Plan - On-the-job training in prestigious program prepares you for a successful career as an Assistant Director in the motion picture and television industry.
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting - Jobs, internships, and more
- TV Jobs: Broadcast Employment Services - Internships with TV stations
- Staff Me Up
- NBC Universal Careers
- UCLA Internship Program
- AT&T Labs - Employment and internship information
- Computerjobs.com - by region and specialty
- Computerwork.com - search jobs (by state or metro area), post resumes, etc.
- Computerworld.com - Knowledge Center, careers (resources, articles, links)
- Dice - Permanent, contract, and consulting jobs in technology
- ITcareers.com - Search by several criteria including location and keywords
- ITClassifieds.com - Search by keyword, state or company
- JustTechJobs.com - Search first by specialty skills needed (e.g., networking, specific programming), then by location; do advanced searches by company, entry-level, even H1-B sponsors
- Techies.com - Articles and tips along with job searching
East Asian Resources
East Asian Resources
- JobAsia, Ltd - Jobs in Asia.
- Recruitasia - Search and placement service for jobs in Asia.
- Columbia U - East Asian Institute career listings.
- Jet Programme - The Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme aims to promote grass roots internationalization at the local level by inviting young overseas graduates to assist in international exchange and foreign language education in local governments, boards of education and elementary, junior and senior high schools throughout Japan.
- Transitions Abroad - Jobs overseas in Asia, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, China, Singapore, Hong Kong.
- Escape Artist - Asian Jobs & Employment Index Part II of II (Jobs in India - Malaysia, Philippines - Singapore & Vietnam)
- Asia-Pacific Connections, Ltd. - They recruit English teachers for jobs throughout Korea.
(see International for other regions)
- Academic Employment Network
- Academic Job Hunter - Job hunting site
- BoardingSchoolReview.com - A link to several boarding school resources
- Boston Teacher Residency
- Buckland International Education Group - Teaching English in China
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Education American Network
- Education Jobs Page
- K12 Jobs - Find current K-12 job positions available at public, private, vocational, and technical schools. Post your resume and search job resources for education professionals.
- The National Association of Independent Schools
- National Outdoor Leadership School - Refining and defining wilderness education for over 40 years.
- Ohio Department of Education - Create an application and search jobs in 3 easy, self-directed steps.
- Ohio Independent Schools - This site offers a wealth of information on opportunities for professional growth, resources on teaching and school issues, and a database of positions open in member schools.
- Outward Bound - The pioneer and leader in challenging adventure education for youths and adults.
- Peterson's Education Center - All-inclusive education resource page.
- Schools Online - Association of Boarding Schools
- Southern Teachers Agency
- Students interested in 1 year, teacher-intern positions
- Independent Thinking
- U.S. Department of Education
Routes To Teacher Licensure
- Academy for Urban School Leadership (Chicago)
- Bard MAT
- Golden Apple Foundation (for IL residents)
- James Madison Memorial Fellowship Foundation
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Fellowship in Teaching High School Science or Mathematics
- Math for America, Newton Fellowship Program
- North Carolina State Board of Education: Lateral Entry Teachers
- Teach for America
- Andover Teaching Fellows Program
- Beauvoir: The National Cathedral Elementary School The Associate Teacher Program
- Southern Teachers Agency
Pre-Schools and Schools for Young Children:
- Harris Fellowship in Child Development and Early Childhood Education
- Pearson Teacher Fellowship
- Bright Horizons
Schools for Children with Special Needs:
Employment Opportunities for Person with Disabilities
- http://www.environmentalcareer.com - Environmental career.com is a comprehensive environmental and natural resource job listing and career information site.
- Ubiquity Environmental Careers Page - A non-commercial site that focuses on environmental career planning and job searching.
- Environmental Careers Organization
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- SCA's Internships and Jobs - Advancing your Conservation Career
- EPA Careers
- Green Jobs International
- Green Jobs
- http://www.wbcsd.org - The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- http://www.global-equality.org/ - National Association of Socially Responsible Organizations
- http://www.greenbusinessworksexpo.net/ - Green Business Works EXPO
- The US Green Building Council
- http://www.basea.org/ - Boston Area Solar Energy Association
- http://www.nesea.org - NESEA- The Northeast Sustainable Energy Association
Regional Organization (BASEA is chapter)
- http://www.ases.org - ASES- The American Solar Energy Society
National Solar Organization
- http://www.ises.org - ISES- The International Solar Energy Society
International Solar Organization
National Solar Industry Organization
- http://www.sebane.org - Regional solar Industry Organization
- http://www.irecusa.org - IREC- Interstate Renewable Energy Council National Renewables
- http://www.nrel.gov - NREL - National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- http://www.solarcooking.org - SCI Solar Cookers International
- http://www.evworld.com - EV World Internet Magazine/Electric Vehicles
- http://www.raponline.org/ - Regulatory Assistance Project /Electric Deregulation
- Clothing Industry Jobs - http://www.apparelsearch.com/Apparel_Search_2.htm
- http://www.24seveninc.com/index.php - 24 Seven Inc. the number one source of jobs and talent for the fashion and entertainment industries. Our success at connecting the right people with the right jobs has made us the most trusted recruiter in the country.
- http://fashion.about.com/od/cooljobs/ - Descriptions of different career paths in the fashion industry including fashion publicist, designer, model scout, etc.
- Fashion Career Center
- Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising - Career Center
- LaSalle College - Fashion marketing
- American Political Science Association - Jobs and careers in political science
- Essential Information - founded by Ralph Nader, this site provides links/resources for activism
- Federal Jobs Central - Comprehensive, fee-based job listing service
- Federal Jobs Digest - Some free info and a fee-based job matching service
- Federal Jobs Net - Tips and job listings
- Federal Job Search - Automated (and fee-based) job delivery service, not affiliated with the government
- Federalgovernmentjobs.us - provides free, accessible job listings for all the US Federal Government Jobs.
- GovernmentJobs.com - free job listing service
- Hieros Gamos Employment Center - Source for legal employment information; many links.
- HRS Federal Job Search - An automated job search and email delivery system (fee-based)
- Making the Difference
- The Call to Serve - Learn more about how you can make a difference working for the federal government
- USA Jobs
- Wilson Center
- Airline Employment Assistance Corps - Jobs and information for airline-related careers.
- Journalism Education and Training - Includes frequently asked questions and responses concerning a career in journalism; journalism career outcomes and effective preparation for a career in journalism.
- Education Portal - Students searching for a journalism career found the resources, links, and articles listed in this website extremely helpful.
- Journalismjobs.com - A job board for media professionals.
- New Jersey Press Foundation - Lists journalism career development, directory of national journalism organizations, career information, and journalism workshops for minority students.
- Career Guide for Broadcast Media and Journalism - Broadcast media and journalism career guide.
- Journalism Job Bank
- Journalism Jobs
- http://www.ohionews.org/ - Click on the job box where you will find job openings at some of the more than 250 daily and weekly newpapers.
- Job Watch - Has a free resume posting service, education and employment links throughout the pharmaceutical, biotech and clinical trials industries and many easily searchable job postings
- ScienceJobs - Great resource for scientific positions in academia, industry, and government
- American Chemical Society
- Mayo Clinic - Current opportunities in clinical research and education
- Kriger.com - Kriger Research Group Internations Positions
- Careers in Psychology
Non-Profit/Social Work Sites
Non-Profit/Social Work Sites
- First Link Directory with internships and jobs
- HSCareers - A website devoted to the Social Service/Human Service/Non Profit Professions
- Idealist - Guide to Nonprofit Careers
- New Social Worker On-Line
- The Non-Profit Times
- One Small Planet
- Peace Corps - Volunteer and permanent job openings
- Philanthropy New Digest
- Search for fundraising jobs
- SocialWorkJobBank - Real jobs for social work professionals.
- International Peace and Conflict
Research and Social Science Research Organizations
- American Friends Service Committee - The American Friends Service Committee bases their programs on the Quaker belief in the power of love to overcome violence and injustice.
- AmeriCorps - AmeriCorps is a domestic service organization that places corps members in community service positions all around the country. Corps members focus on a specific issue such as education, public safety, health or the environment, and they work on bettering this issue within the community they are serving. Corps members serve in this position for ten months to one year.
- AVODAH - Jewish affiliated organization that places members in service projects across the U.S. Avodah has a one-year commitment, beginning at the end of August.
- Boston Teacher Residency (BTR) - The Boston Teacher Residency (BTR) is an innovative program in urban education that combines graduate coursework toward a Masters degree in Education with a full year of co-teaching under the guidance of an experienced Mentor Teacher before placement as a full-time teacher in the Boston Public Schools (BPS).
- Camp Hill - Camphill is dedicated to creating communities where the values of service, sharing, spiritual nourishment, and recognition of each individual’s gifts and contributions offer a model of renewal for the wider society. In Camphill communities, daily life is shared with children, youth, and adults who have disabilities – in ways that are both intentionally therapeutic and intentionally personal.
- Christian Peacemaker Team - CPT workers make up what we call the "Peacemaker Corps." Teams of trained Corps members enter emergency situations of conflict and areas of militarization in partnership with local peacemakers. Responding to Christ's radical call, they attempt to bring God's redemptive love to violent situations.
- InterExchange Foundation's Christianson Grant - The Christianson Grant is awarded to individuals who have arranged their own work abroad programs.
- Citizen Schools - Citizen Schools partners with middle schools to expand the learning day for children in low-income communities across the country.
- City Hall Fellows - This 12 month fellowship introduces college graduates to positions that allow them the opportunity to understand how cities work and the various issues that impact local government.
- City Year - City Year is an education focused, nonprofit organization that unites young people of all backgrounds for a year of full-time service to keep students in school and on track to graduation.
- CIEE Teach Abroad - CIEE offers paid teaching positions in seven countries (Chile, China, Dominican Republic, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, and Vietnam) for university graduates looking to teach English abroad and immerse themselves in a foreign community.
- English Open Doors - English Open Doors full-time volunteers make a lasting impact on the lives of their students, motivating them to improve their English and participate in cross-cultural exchange.
- English Program in Korea (EPIK) - The English Program in Korea (EPIK), affiliated to the Korean Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, was established in 1995 to improve the English speaking abilities of students and teachers in Korea, to develop cultural exchanges and reform English teaching methodologies in Korea.
- Green Corps Environmental - Green Corps' Field School for Environmental Organizing is a yearlong program that trains members in leading environmental-based political campaigns.
- Inner-City Teaching Corps (ICTC) - Chicago’s leading new teacher development program for future school leaders of tomorrow.
- International Foundation for Education and Self-Help (IFESH) - The International Fellows Program (IFP) is a nine-month internship for talented recent college graduates and graduate students to provide on-the-job development experience in Africa.
- Japan Exchange and Teaching - The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme is sponsored by the Japanese government. JET places native English speakers in classrooms across Japan. The workers live in Japan for up to a year and serve as a language assistant to Japanese students.
- KIPP DC: Capital Teaching Residency - KIPP DC and E.L. Haynes public charter schools have joined forces to create the Capital Teaching Residency (CTR) program. CTR is an intensive year-long teacher training program based in the highest performing charter schools in Washington, DC.
- Math for America - Math for America is a nonprofit organization that has the mission to improve math education in secondary public schools in the United States.
- MercyWorks - MercyWorks is a faith-based volunteer program located in Chicago, IL that offers a diverse group of highly motivated women and men a unique opportunity to acquire professional experience while growing spiritually, personally and communally.
- Mississippi Teacher Corps - The Mississippi Teacher Corps selects college graduates to teach in Mississippi and provides training, certification, full pay, benefits, and a master’s degree in education from the University of Mississippi.
- Peace Brigades International - Peace Brigades international is an organization that sends peace-keeping teams to areas experiencing major conflict.
- Peace Corps - Peace Corps is a program sponsored by the US government that sends corps members to countries around the world. Corps members assist in infrastructure and community development within the country they serve in. Examples of assignments include teaching, construction, community organizing, and medical aid.
- Pew Leadership Year - The Pew Leadership Year provides individuals who are dedicated to building a leadership career in the public or nonprofit sectors with hands-on experience in solving today's most challenging problems.
- Public Allies - An AmeriCorps program that places allies in community development NGOs serving for four days a week for 10 months at local nonprofits, where they create, improve and expand services that address issues including youth development, education, public health, economic development, and the environment.
- Samaritan Inns - This program offers a year-long innkeeper fellowship at a homeless shelter/halfway house in Washington D.C. Interns take classes at the Servant Leadership School, participate in monthly community-building activities and group reflection, and have opportunities to connect with individuals and organizations working to address the complex problems of poverty.InnKeepers also learn about addictive behaviors, explore their faith, and personalize their understanding of poverty and oppression.
- Teach and Learn in Korea (TaLK) Program - TaLK is a Korean Government scholarship program known as Teach and Learn in Korea. The program’s main objective is to invite and train native English teachers and overseas Koreans to teach practical English in after-school classes at the rural elementary school.
- World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms - WWOOF is an international movement that helps people share more sustainable ways of living. Members travel the world and work on participating WWOOF farms. WWOOF organizations publish lists of organic farms, smallholdings and gardeners that welcome volunteer help at certain times.
- WorldTeach - As a WorldTeach volunteer, you will witness firsthand the challenges and rewards of education in a developing country. You will share the skills and knowledge gained through your education and life experience with your students, and you will make a lasting difference in their lives, opening their eyes to a world beyond their classrooms.
Sport & Health Related
Sport & Health Related
- Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA)
- All Therapy Jobs
- Offers training for coaches and a youth support program.
- American Alliance of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Provides listings of opportunities, regular career advise and an e-newsletter.
- Career Resources for Exercise Related Jobs
- CoolWorks.com - Live and work where others only visit.
- Healthcare Recruitment
- IMG. A global corporation that specializes in client representation and financial management, event marketing and television representation, production and distribution. IMG anticipates the trends, nurtures the talents and capitalizes on opportunities for clients, federations and corporations.
- National Athletic Trainers' Association
- National Endurance Sports Trainers Association NESTA certifies you in over 14 specialty areas of personal training, yoga, kickboxing, coaching, holistic health & more
- National Federation for Professional Trainers
- provide certification courses including online training
- Medzilla, Octagon
- A worldwide Sports marketing organization. Services include athlete management, consultancy, event management, property representation and sales, and publicity.
- Provides information on employment opportunities with professional sports teams and leagues.
- National Gym Association Inc.
- OnlineSports Career Center - A free listing of jobs, with most recent at the top (on one page, not in a database; consider using your browser's "Find in Page" feature to search for key words).
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Many personal trainers work in health clubs, and there are job opportunities at universities, spas, resorts and cruise ships. Corporate fitness is also growing and many personal trainers work for companies providing workplace wellness programs. You can even start your own fitness training business! For more info check out
- Playing for Peace
- A non-profit organization that uses basketball as a vehicle to bridge divides, develop leaders and change perceptions. Playing for Peace utilizes a simple but powerful concept – children who play together can learn to live together. Playing for Peace operates programs in Northern Ireland and South Africa that bring together children from different backgrounds to play basketball, acquire life skills and develop positive relationships that transcend religion, race and culture. The organization is powered by recent college graduates who dedicate a year of service in host sites.
- TeamWork Online - is an online recruiting software specifically developed for the sports industry.
- A two-year, post-graduate commitment with an option for a “special project” during the third year. It is aimed at developing recent college graduates’ professional skills such as leadership and organizational efficiency, educating them in the role of foundations and the nonprofit sector, and offering them experience in the golf world, specifically, with the governing body of golf.
- US Youth Soccer
- A non-profit and educational organization whose mission is to foster the physical, mental and emotional growth and development of America's youth through the sport of soccer at all levels of age and competition. The goal is to make it fun, and instill in young players a lifelong passion for the sport.
- Women Sports Services - Job listings "powered by FranklinCovey" (fee-based); other resources available.
- Work In Sports - Sports employment resource for hundreds of current sports jobs and internships. (fee-based service)
- Women Sports Foundation – Career Center
- Offers information on job listings and specialized education.
- http://www.anyworkanywhere.com/ - Jobs and resources for work & travel throughout UK and worldwide.
- http://www.transitionsabroad.com - Work, Travel and Study Abroad Resource
- http://www.jobsabroad.com - Work Abroad Database
- http://www.bunac.org/ - Working Adventures Worldwide
- http://www.interexchange.org/workingabroad/ - Work Abroad Program
- Independent Living Institute - List of Work and Volunteer Programs
- BBC Working Abroad - Information about Working Abroad
- International Affairs Resources - List of Study, Work, and Intern Abroad Programs
- Work and Study Abroad Solutions - Internships and Job Database
- ESL Jobs
- Center for International Trade
- European Graduate Career Guide
- Global Careers
- Russian and Eastern European Opportunities
- Monster Board - UK
- Overseas Job Web
- People Bank
- Best Bets for Working Abroad
- Global Jobs