Career Services Available
For All Denison Students
- Career Advising – Our staff is available to meet with your son or daughter to engage in one-on-one career counseling. We help students identify values, interests, and skills and discuss how they may relate to a major or potential career. We help students make a plan for their future.
- On-Campus Recruiting – organizations, companies, and graduate schools visit Career Exploration and Development each semester to conduct information sessions and interviews for students.
- Internships – Encourage your son or daughter to take part in an internship and/or externship. The Denison Internship Program has been in existence for more than 25 years. An internship is a unique way to test acquired skills in the world of work. The Denison Internship Program
- Externships – If your student is not ready for an internship, we also offer an Externship Program. Students will have the opportunity to connect with our alumni for a one day shadowing experience to have a fly over view of an industry, work place culture and a sneak peek into a career that may be of interest to him/her.
- Resume/Cover Letter Development – Whether writing their resume or cover letter for the first time, or if in need of review for a specific job or internship opportunity, we work alongside your student to insure that their documents best represent their knowledge, experience, and skills.
- Mock Interviews – There is no better way to prepare for a job interview than by experiencing an “actual” interview. We provide video mock interviews for students, followed by a constructive critique of their performance and effective interview strategies.
- Networking – Approximately 65 to 85 percent of jobs are obtained through networking. You can help your student build their professional network by introducing them to your own colleagues, especially if they work in a career field that is of potential interest to your son or daughter. We educate students about the value of networking in their job search and train them on how to best utilize networking resources to aid in their professional career development.
- Denison Everywhere – This database provides a mentoring directory which gives students the ability to network with Denison alum in all industries and geographic regions.
- Graduate School Preparation – A large percentage of Denison students plan to go on to graduate or professional school. We assist your students with all aspects of the process: searching for schools and specific programs, identifying application requirements and deadlines, admission interview and test training, and personal statement writing. Graduate & Professional School Guide [pdf]
- FOCUS 2 – A comprehensive career planning program that provides guidance and information to help people make important career and educational decisions. Research-based assessments of career-relevant interests, abilities, and job values help students consider career options that are a good match.
- Library and Printed Publications – The CE & D Library includes books on resume writing, interviewing, job searching, graduate school, volunteering, internships, and various careers, which are available for check out. In addition, handouts are available for resume and cover letter writing, networking, and informational interviewing, to name a few.
- Workshops – Each semester, we offer career-related workshops, including topics such as: Resume and Cover Letter Development, Interview Techniques, Ace the Case, Investment Banking, Management Consulting, Graduate School Preparation, and more! For access to our upcoming workshops and additional CE & D hosted events, check out our Google Calendar.