Offer an Internship
The Denison Internship Program offers our students a structured learning experience as they explore career fields and apply academic coursework to the workplace.
Each year, our program promotes and engages in a variety of internship opportunities across the globe that are typically conducted over the summer months. We expect our students to learn and develop professionally through a three-tiered partnership between students, supervisors, and the Career Exploration and Development staff.
- Once a student receives an offer letter/email, CE&D requires a copy of said letter along with the student’s completion of an internship registration form.
- All hires should be reported to the CE&D staff and formal evaluations are requested from both students and supervisors near the end of each work term. Evaluations are made available through the DULink portal for your convenience.
Career Exploration and Development promotes the following internship criteria as defined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers:
- The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom. It must not be simply to advance the operations of the employer or be the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- The skills or knowledge learned must be transferable to other employment settings.
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications.
- There are clearly defined learning objectives/goals related to the professional goals of the student’s academic coursework.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback by the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals.
- If you are interested in promoting a summer internship opportunity, please request to join DULink.
- Students need to make travel/living arrangements when selected to intern, so we encourage our employer partners to offer prompt feedback regarding offers.
- Internships must offer a minimum of 100 working hours. We strongly encourage internships of greater lengths to provide maximum benefits to all parties.
- Please report concerning situations involving Denison students to email@example.com or 740-587-6656 so that we can help resolve any issues that may arise.
- Please be aware that Denison Summer Break starts Monday, May 13, 2014.
Should you have any questions regarding registering your internship or the Denison Internship Program in general, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.