Hours & Appointments
Hours & Services - Health Services is staffed by an RN, and is open every day — 24 hours a day — for both emergency visits and assessments. Health Services is open 9am—9pm on weekdays for the clinic and other non-emergency medical appointments with a physician or nurse practitioner. Appointments can be made Monday-Friday during scheduled clinic hours. Overnight observational care is also available, if necessary.
Location - Denison Health Services is located in Whisler Hall on the East quad, just south of Huffman Hall.
Phone - 740-587-6200
Phone - 740-587-6647
Location - Counseling Services is located on the second floor office of Whisler Hall.
Hours & Services - Counseling Services is open weekdays 8:30am—4:30pm for free and confidential counseling appointments. We provide individual counseling by appointment, group counseling, and on-call crisis support. A counselor is on call 24 hours a day, when classes are in session, for psychological crises or psychiatric emergencies.
Health and Counseling Services is closed during the following academic breaks:
- Thanksgiving Break
- Winter Break
- Spring Break
- Summer Break
Health and Counseling Services is closed whenever residence halls are closed to students. However, Health Services' voice mail (740-587-6200) will be monitored throughout all academic break periods if you would like to leave a message.
The following is a list of off-campus facilities available to students during academic break periods.
- Licking Memorial Hospital, 740-348-4144, 1320 W. Main St., Newark, OH (ER, 24 hrs/7days a week)
- Newark Valley Urgent Care, 740-522-0222, 1906 Tamarack Road, Newark, OH (Weekdays, 9am — 9pm; Weekends, 9am — 6pm)
Mental Health Concerns
- Emergency Crisis Line -- 740-345-HELP (4357)
- National Crisis Line -- 1-800-273-TALK(8255)
- Licking Memorial Hospita -- 740-348-4144, 1320 W. Main St., Newark, OH (ER, 24 hrs/7days a week)
- Behavioral Health Partners of Central Ohio -- 740-522-8477 or toll free 1-877-593-6330, 65 Messimer Drive, Newark, OH (Monday-Thursday, 7:30am—7pm; Friday, 7:30am-5pm. Crisis intervention services are available and can be accessed via 211 after hours)
Appointments with a Physician, Nurse, Nurse Practitioner or RN, can be made:
Monday-Friday, 8am—10pm, please call 740-587-6200
Health Services is staffed 24/7 by a Registered Nurse.This nurse is available around the clock for urgent or emergency assessment. The nurse will also see patients by appointment.
When necessary, the nurse will contact a physician for orders, or refer the student to the emergency room.
The Health Services office is closed when classes are not in session.