Annual events at Denison University range from elegant formals to come-as-you-are get togethers. A few of the campus events that occur with every trip around the sun include:
- Aestavalia – An annual spring event for students. Students enjoy an all-campus cookout and student group performances. Later in the evening, there's usually a concert or comedy performance. Past performers include Rusted Root and Michael Ian Black.
- D-Day – D-Day stands for Denison Day. For 65 years there’s been an annual concert, often a festival and games, and it’s usually a surprise that’s sprung on the students. Performers have included The Roots, Ben Folds, Rufus Wainwright, and Mos Def.
- Big Red Weekend – Big Red Weekend happens each fall and is the opportunity for all members of the Denison family, including alums, parents and friends, to come to campus.
- Relay For Life – Relay for Life, a national organization that raises funds for cancer research, holds a 2-day series of events. Activities for the event often include performances by several Denison a cappella groups, a drag show, dodgeball tournament, and a luminaria ceremony.
- Senior Week – A four-day senior week after final exams gives graduating seniors time to socialize, pack, and participate in campus activities specifically designed for them.
- Winter Formal
- Greek Week