Home School Applicants
Denison University has a rich diversity of students who bring educational experiences from both conventional and alternative schooling. We welcome applications from home-schooled students.
Denison requires home-schooled applicants to interview with a Denison University representative. When evaluating applications for admission to Denison, the Admissions Committee seeks evidence of academic preparation and proficiency.
- 4 years of English
- 4 years of Mathematics
- 3 years of the same Foreign Language
- 3 years of Laboratory Sciences
- 3 years of Social Studies including History
The following documents are required to evaluate the academic background of home-schooled applicants:
- Academic Portfolio with a detailed syllabus that lists the subjects studied each year, the dates each subject was studied, a description of each course of study, required texts and reading, and evidence of laboratory experience in the sciences.
- SAT/ACT Scores - Denison's Test Optional Policy does not apply to home-schooled students.
- Two Recommendations from adults not related to the student. A family member, however, who acted as the student's primary instructor may submit a teacher recommendation. Recommendations are acceptable from private instructors, coaches, clergy, mentors, employers, or sponsors of an extracurricular activity.