Apply to Denison
What We're Looking for In You
We are pleased that you are considering Denison to pursue your future ambitions, and look forward to getting to know more about you.
In evaluating your application to Denison, we take a number of things into consideration about you as an individual. We are seeking students who have demonstrated a seriousness towards their academic life and in addition, bring a variety of interests, characteristics, and personal qualities in a combination that is unlike any other.
We give careful attention to:
- The rigor of your course load—we seek students that embrace an academic challenge
- Grade Point Average and Classroom Performance
- SAT and/or ACT test scores (submission is optional)
- Personal essay
- Written recommendations from your school counselor and a teacher in an academic subject
- Extracurricular accomplishments at school, in your community, or your job (We suggest investing more time in a few interests, rather than spreading yourself thin.)
- On-campus interviews, either with the admissions staff or a Senior Interviewer (not required, but suggested)
- Education Requirements: We strongly recommend that you complete four years of English, at least three years of mathematics, foreign language, science, and social studies prior to applying.
Denison University admits students of any race, color, religion, age, personal handicap, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national or ethnic origin.
How to Apply
Admission to Denison University is highly competitive. The submission of standardized test scores is optional for admission consideration. Denison accepts the following applications:
Matriculating first-year students are required to pay an enrollment deposit of $300 by the May 1st reply deadline. Any enrolled student withdrawing forfeits this deposit. Enrollment Deposits can be paid online with a credit card.
To complete your application for admission, you will need the following items:
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Teacher Evaluation (Denison only requires one.)
- School Report
- High School Transcript
- SAT and/or ACT Scores
- Counselor Recommendation
- Personal Essay
- Mid-year Report, sent in February
- Early Decision applicants are required to submit an Early Decision Agreement Form which is provided to the student when completing either application.
|Application Deadlines||Parts I & II Received By||Notification By|
|Early Decision I (binding)||November 15th||December 15th|
|Early Decision II (binding)||January 15th||February 15th|
|Regular Admission||January 15th||April 1st|
|Candidates reply by May 1st|