There Is No “Typical” Denison Student
Where did you come from? What do you like? What's the one thing you wish you could tell the whole world? At Denison, we celebrate your perspective on life — it’s something you have that no one else does.
They’re not all crunchy or preppy or edgy or geeky or Greeky or jocks—they’re not all anything, except that they’re all individuals, and they’re all learning from each other. They have some things in common, and they have a lot that’s unique to their own life experiences. Sometimes they overlap; other times they blaze their own trails. It’s a community of difference — and that makes all the difference.
Fostering a diverse community is central to Denison’s mission as a liberal arts college. Engagement with — and challenge from — multiple, differing perspectives are incubators of critical thinking and social responsibility.
Diversity plays a particularly important role at Denison — where classes are small, where a fully residential campus places students constantly together in living as well as learning, and where a multiplicity of campus-based opportunities in student organizational life, athletics and recreation, and social service allow students to share personal growth experiences.
At Denison, diversity of background and experience is shared first-hand.
- Cross-Cultural Communities (C3)
- Asian American Association (AAA)
- Asian Culture Club (ACC)
- African Student Association (ASA)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Chi Sigma Tau, Zeta Colony
- Deaf Culture Awareness Club
- Denison DHOVS
- Denison International Student Association (DISA)
- Global China Connection (GCC)
- German Culture Society (GCS)
- La Fuerza Latina (LFL)
- La Fuerza Latina (LFL)
- Multicultural Greek Council (MGC)
- Muslim Student Association (MSA)
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
- Sustained Dialogue (SD)
- Alliance for Disability Awareness and Activism
- Multicultural Greek Organizations
- Alpha Kappa Alpha (AKA)
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity (APA)
- Alpha Sigma Rho Sorority (ASR)
- Multicultural Greek Council
- Agape Christian Fellowship
- Canterbury Club
- Christian Community
- Elevate Christian Fellowship
- Muslim Student Association
- Newman Association
- Orthodox Christian Fellowship
- Presbyterians at Denison
- Young Life
- Active Minds
- Advocates for Sexual Health
- Amnesty International
- Denison Feminists
- Denison University Student Farmworker Alliance
- DU it for Isreal
- Green Team
- Leadership Fellows
- Project Life
- Vegetarian Education Group
For upcoming public events that feature a diversity component, please visit the Events Calendar.
For an overview of how Denison assumes an active role in helping students find ways to connect, please visit the Multicultural & International Students section.