CO-CURRICULAR THEATRE PRODUCTIONS
In addition to providing opportunities for experiential learning in our curriculum, the Denison Department of Theatre provides plentiful opportunities for our students to participate in the creation of theatre. These co-curricular productions are regarded as student laboratory work mentored by faculty artists, with the express purpose of fostering:
- Responsibility in creative collaboration;
- Artistic expression, imagination and growth;
- Facility in analytical skills and problem solving;
- Discipline of thought and craft;
- Facility in the various arts of theatrical production;
- An understanding of the theatre process as an essentially communal experience.
The plays we produce are chosen for their ability to provide:
- Variety in theatrical form, style, period, and genre;
- Ample opportunities for our student artists;
- Unique educational and artistic challenges;
- Valuable educational and artistic experiences for our audiences;
- Professional development opportunities for our faculty and staff.